Past blog hops and challenges

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Gentle Hues Challenge

Today is the reveal for Lisa Lodge's Pine Ridge Treasures Gentle Hues Challenge on Facebook.  I purchased a kit from Lisa and received a variety of pastel colored pearls and some pink and purple tiles.
 

I had some tough decisions to make - what to make.  I found a couple pendants that I had gotten from Lori Anderson and thought that they might work.  Then the decision was which beads to use with the pendants.

Will it be pink pearls with this pendant?  Not sure who made this pendant.


Will it be lavender pearls with this pendant by Gaea?  If so, the rounds or the egg-shaped ones?


Or will it be the tiles with this pendant by Gaea?


The pink pearls win out to be used with the pink pendant.  I used copper seed beads as spacers along with a copper toggle clasp.


Close up of the pendant.  If anyone recognizes it and can let me know who made it, I would love to give them credit for it.


Here is the copper toggle clasp I used.


The harder decision was what to use with Gaea's pendant, the pearls or the tiles.  I went with the egg-shaped pearls.

I used a S-shaped clasp at the front of the necklace as the clasp.  I need to find some more of the pearls as I got so engrossed in making the necklace I forgot to set aside a couple to be used for earrings.  I think I also want one for a dangle.


Here is a close-up of the pendant.



Thank you for stopping by.  I have another blog challenge next Friday, November 13 - Tammy Adams' Superstition Blog Hop.  To be followed by two of Andrew Thornton's challenges, Last Harvest and Gold Dust the following Thursday, November 19, 2015.

Comments are always welcome.
 
Carolyn

1 comment: